The vacuum sealers provide people with a great mean to preserve their food. The chamber style vacuum sealers are quite expensive and large in size. This makes them suitable to be used for the commercial needs of air tight packaging of the food items. They have a resourceful pump (vacuum) and contain a large size chamber for quick sealing of the multiple bags.
Steps required for sealing the eatable items and beverages using a chamber type vacuum sealer:
The following steps are required to perform for sealing an eatable item using a chamber type sealer:
- Packaging the eatable items – You need to start by placing the eatables into a sous bag. The top of the bag should be folded which is considered a good practice.
- Loading the sealer of the chamber – Once your food items or the hot/cold beverages are packaged then you need to place them in the sealer of the chamber. The open end must be extended till the sealer’s bar and then it should be tucked right into the chamber.
- The sealing cycle –The sealing cycle of the machine begins once the eatable product is placed into the unit and the lid is closed. The majority of the solid food items require a reduced pressure in the range of 5 to 50 mbar and after that the tight packing is ensured.The 50mbar pressure reduces more than 90 percent of the air inside. The fragile items should be sealed in a pressure of 200 to 500 mbar.
- Why you experience a bag puff – You will notice a lot of bag puff issues while reading some of the chamber vacuum sealer It is because the air leaves the chamber more quickly than the air escapes from the bag. The puffing up effect of the bag is normal, but it could be reduced by using the system in the most desirable way which will come with practice.
- The Heat sealing operation – the vacuum bag is heat sealed at the end of the packing cycle, which will deny the air from rushing back into the bag again. The heat sealing bars can do this job adequately which melts the plastic with the heat to give a vacuum tight seal with no air leakage issues. The sealing time with the use of hot bars is adequate with a maximum of 2 to 3 seconds. The time should be adjusted to the material of the bags which could be thinner or thicker.
- The end of the sealing cycle – The valve opens once the job is done by the sealing bars which also refill the chamber with the air. The bag is completely sealed shut with no room for entering or escaping of the air.
The whole process ensures the quality of the seal and makes the whole practice easy and quick to seal the food items and valuable perfectly. The user would get a perfectly sealed pack to preserve the goods for a longer period of time.